Countryside is committed to providing you, our customers, with quality homes for you and your family to enjoy, and in creating places that people love to come home to. The whole Countryside team is working to achieve one common goal; to ensure that you are very satisfied and happy with your new Countryside home, from the moment that you make your reservation, to the day you move in and beyond. No matter who you are dealing with, or what queries, questions or complaints you may have, you can be confident that our people and procedures will adhere to the terms of our Charter and the “Consumer Code for Home Builders”. Copies of the Consumer Code for Home Builders are available from our sales offices and via our New Homes website, a copy (also identifying where further guidance can be found) will always be provided to you upon reservation.
- We will be approachable in all our dealings with you, by being polite, clear and straightforward in response to every contact with you. If we are not able to give you an immediate answer to a query, we pledge to acknowledge you enquiry within one working day.
- Countryside is committed to creating a harmonious working environment, which is free from harassment and bullying, in which every employee is treated with respect and dignity. Should you not respect this ethos, we reserve the right to notify you and thereafter restrict contact and if necessary, refuse to deal with any person who continues to be abusive towards our employees.
- All of our customer facing staff will be trained to understand their responsibilities in all of their dealings with you, in accordance with our Charter and the Consumer Code for Home Builders.
- Our marketing and advertising will always be clear and truthful. As part of the process of buying your Countryside home, you will receive comprehensive information explaining the purchase process and how you can get the most out of living in your new chosen home.
- We will be on hand to assist you throughout the process of buying your Countryside home and want to ensure you are very satisfied with your purchase.
- Our contract of sale terms & conditions will be clear and fair, with cancellation rights fully explained.
- We will provide you with an anticipated completion date of your new home, in order for you to plan your moving arrangements
- We will ask you to attend a Home Demonstration with us, before Legal Completion, to demonstrate the fixtures and fittings within your new Countryside home.
- Your new Countryside home will be thoroughly cleaned and ready for the day you move in.
- We will welcome you into your new Countryside home on the day of Legal Completion.
- We will contact you within 14 days of moving in to your new Countryside home, to check you are settling in and to answer any queries you may have.
- We will give you reliable information about NHBC’s Buildmark cover or respective warranty provider and/or any other relevant guarantees and warranties. A member of our dedicated Customer Service Department will deal with any queries or problems should they arise, in accordance with the NHBC 2-Year Initial Guarantee Period.
- We will provide 24-Hour Emergency Cover for heating, plumbing and electrical problems, for the duration of the 2-Year Initial Guarantee Period. This includes your heating and hot water provision, (however this will be subject to compliance with annual servicing requirements as detailed in the Homeowner’s Pack and relevant manufacturers’ warranties). All supplied appliances will be covered under their respective manufacturer warranties.
- We will endeavour to keep the area around your new home as clean and tidy as possible, as well as the remainder of the Countryside development. We will provide health & safety advice to help reduce the potential risk of danger to you and your family, if building works are in progress.
- Countryside measures and reviews its performance internally, in order for continual improvements to be made to its products and services, and to ensure all of our Customers are very satisfied with their properties. This Charter is also reviewed annually in support of Quality Management principles; it is available via our New Homes website and from all of our sales offices.
- We want your experience with Countryside to be as smooth and stress free as possible with the hope that you would not hesitate in recommending us to a friend. We are constantly looking to improve our service by reviewing our processes based on your experiences and valued feedback. To measure our service to you we participate in NHBC and additional independent surveys.
Our Customer Charter commitments do not affect your statutory rights.